Monday, June 18, 2012

I never want to see another Father's Day...

As I expected, Father's Day was horrendous. I have been dreading it since May, with all the E-mails of sales, and commercials on TV, then of course, the radio blah blah blah. I made sure my son's had gifts to give their Dad, but it was a very emotional day for me, Debra and our Mum. Thankfully, Deb and I were not alone. We went over to our friend Glenn's house, where his daughter shared the day with him. The pool was fantastic and just what we needed.

 We laughed a lot, and then towards the end of the day, Deb and I found ourselves total nut bags. Now, she is normally the nut bag all by herself, well she and our Mum, but I guess I'm getting 'softer' emotion wise, and I couldn't get a sentence out without crying. And to be clear, I wasn't all sobby-like, but the tears did flow, and quite honestly, they still are.

 I spoke with a friend of mine on my way home, and after hanging up with him, I thought "I need to apologize to him, I had no business talking to anyone, much less someone I like". I sent a 'sorry' text and being the great guy he is, he was completely cool about it. ( a little pun, but not everyone will get it).

Anyhoo, I am thankful I did have my sister to commiserate with though, since we are both suffering his loss, we both get what the other is feeling and going through and I hope I made it easier for her as well. We will being seeing our Mum next weekend as the hospice is having a "Remembrance Service" for people who passed in the same frame our Dad did. How much freaking fun is that going to be? Sooo looking forward to that, I cannot tell you how I am keeping the excitement contained. ;=

But like everything else, we will prevail and suck it up and carry on, because "We are strong, like Bulls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment