Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vacay and memories..

You know what's great about vacation? Everything! Since I grew up in South Florida, I always go 'home' for my vacays. When I go with my son's, we go to different areas of Florida. My eldest is a beach kid like me while my youngest is a pool kid. No worries Momma can accommodate both her beloveds. I'm currently saving to take them to Europe for our next vacay. :)

This past week I went back to where I grew up. Thanks to Facebook, I am in contact with some high school buddies and I get to spend time with them. Even though we are more age advanced we really haven't changed all that much. I think we all look the same, for the most part. None of us has gone under the knife for face lifts, or lipo, even though we wouldn't mind a little lift, we are all aging naturally. So far. For me vacations are like going to Disney World. It's a fantasy land. You forget all your bills, your worries, family issues, just everything that is less than pleasant.

When I was younger my aunt and her kids would visit us in Florida from Montreal, Canada,. She would take her sweet time getting ready and my Dad , who wasn't known for his patience, would get so mad waiting on her to get dressed and whatever else she was doing he would blow and it was his sister. My cousin and I would get up and be dressed for the beach in 5 minutes, 3 hours later my aunt was ready to take us to the beach. It was so annoying and her speed has not increased with age. But these are the memories I have. And they are good memories that make me laugh. Like when I lit my hair on fire at my grandmother's funeral, or when friends tell jokes and I don't get them. (that still happens today).

When my father passed I was cleaning his bathroom and found "stuff" I wasn't meant to find. But you know what? It makes for a funny story when I relay it to friends. Or when after finding the 'stuff' I put into a room my sister was cleaning so she could find them. I mean, I'm not selfish by any means. Why should I be the only person traumatized. I share. :)...Mum if you are reading this, I'm not telling what we found, these lips are locked.

So as we continue in our month of August, I hope everyone makes some summer memories or vacay memories that they can return to when a pick me up is needed. Isn't that what life is all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment