Friday, November 3, 2017

My Birthday Month Is The Best Month EVER

I love the month of November and I don't think it's because it's my birth month. November really brings fall to the area I live in. I'm in the south and I grew up really south in Florida. Now to be clear, I do not consider Florida as the old school south. When I hear that I think Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana. They have southern accents whereas in Florida most people sounded northern because they fled the north for the warmer climate.


Growing up in south FL, I really didn't see a whole lot of temperature change until December/January. Then it was in the 40-50's and lord knows I needed a jacket then. I still need a jacket for those days, who am I kidding? I live in the Atlanta area and we get four proper seasons, at least in the foliage sense. The leaves start turning in late October but they really finish in November.


Last year for Thanksgiving I was wearing shorts and a tank top while I was cooking dinner and turned the air conditioning on. I guess we can blame Global Warming. All reports I've seen this year have said we were going to have another  warmer winter than usual. I want some snow please. Not blizzard weather but some nice powdering, not too much as most people freak out over here and can't drive. Well, if I'm completely honest, most people can't drive year round but alert them of snow or ice and good lord, it's a catastrophe. :)


As I was saying my birth month is the best. November also gets you primed for the holidays. We have Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday and now Cyber Monday.


Hope all of you have the bestest holiday month. Remember life is short so be nice and think outside the normal box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment