Friday, January 12, 2018

New Year And New Hopes...

Why is it every new year people ask what your resolutions are? Just because we embark on a brand new shiny January 1st, what makes that date different than say today? If we want to achieve certain goals or attain new attitudes there's no reason why we can't do that every new day, right?


According to the law of Google (honestly, how we ever existed without that reference just blows my mind) Babylonians started the tradition some 4,000 years ago but they didn't start in January but Mid-March when the crops were planted. They made promises to their God to return stolen items and pay their debt. That's actually great karma to start the year off with. A clean slate if you will. The Romans were said to pray to their god Janus, which is where January got it's name from. See, entertainment AND a history lesson all in one blog. You're welcome kids!


I gave up making resolutions years ago just like I gave up dieting. Let's face it, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I have wobbled on the up and down weight scale like 90% of people and I know what to eat and what not to eat. But let's face it, sometimes Lays potato chips just taste so good. I also know you have to change up your routine with food and exercise to keep your body guessing so it doesn't become stagnate and anticipate thus no matter how good you eat, the weight doesn't move.


Being fluffy used to really get me down but as I've aged into the 900's, it no longer affects my mood. My favorite pair of jeans might not fit today but I know that I can get back into them when I want to. To me, their are more important things than being skinny. Healthy eating really does show up in your body and skin. I have done the "HCG" program and that is clean eating plus a boost daily. Clean eating does detox your body and I encourage anyone to eat that plan. It takes a few weeks to get used to your routine of no carbs, starches and some fruits/vegetables, but I always feel so much better. Take care of your insides and your outside will reflect it. Especially as you age. Your body has been working overtime and you want to feed it high octane fuel not regular unleaded. :)


In closing I say this as I always seem to end my blogs. Life is short, really short. Do what makes you happy, take care of yourself and your beloveds. Because it really does go by in a blink of an eye. Who knew our parents and grandparents were so smart? Well I did, because they were the best.


Hugs hugs, kiss kiss and may all of your dreams, resolutions and goals come true for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment