Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Dog Sitting

I have always had dogs growing up and in my adult life. When I met my ex husband, he had been raised on a farm in northern Minnesota (as in so close to Canada he could spit) and always had barn yard cats. I never had cats until I met him. I got him a rescue that he named Sambo, and yes, he was a black male with a rat looking tail. Sweetest baby though. We each had a Chow Chow while we were together and then over the years many a cat we enjoyed.  Nine lives my booty. 

Anyhoo, as I realized that working in the corporate jungle was no longer good for my mental & physical health, I wondered what could I do to subsidize my income as I contemplated early retirement.  I spoke with many a friend and told them my dilemma and several asked "Well, what makes you happy? What do you enjoy?" and I always replied "I enjoy taking care of Stitch, maybe I could do that for others dogs."  And several months later I saw an ad for Rover.Com which I liken to UBER for people who need dog care. Since my first dog sitting in November 2017, I have had a pretty steady traffic in clients. Some dogs I really enjoy and others are more of a challenge to like. None have been nasty or aggressive, but since my beloved Gigi is a frenchie, she's small. I can put things on the table or the counter without issue. Not so much with most of the dogs I have been watching. Most are tall breeds, and again, all are super sweet and lovable it just took one big dog to teach me to put crap up. And by crap I mean dog food, my food, bread, candles you know. 

I do really look forward to meeting the dogs and their pawrents. I have learned on this site that if they can afford the rates the company charges, these are spoiled pups like my G. I always send daily photos or videos because I would want the assurance my "baby" was doing well. Gigi is such an easy going gal and gets along with everyone, so bringing other dogs into her home is no big deal. She enjoys having friends come over and play and run outside with. If I have  her and another I will walk them. I found out trying to walk 4 dogs was a flipping nightmare and I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed watching me trying to wrangle a pack of two small dogs with two big dogs without falling on my arse. I will say that was a nice workout though. Lord, I think I got more exercise than they did. :)

As always Kiss Kiss Hug Hug and Woof Woof for all the doggies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment